Thai Prawn Cakes
Thai prawn cakes.
- 400g Prawns, raw, peeled
- 2 teaspoons Thai Gold Red Curry Paste
- 4 sprigs of coriander, finely chopped
- 100g Thai Gold Rice Noodles
- 3 teaspoons Thai Gold Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai Gold Nam Plaa Fish Sauce
- 2 Limes, zest removed and juiced
- 2 teaspoons Thai Gold Palm Sugar or Brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped and seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
- 3 sprigs Fresh mint, finely sliced
- Thai Gold Sweet Chili Sauce (for dipping) or Cucumber pickle (optional)
- Place the prawns together with curry paste and chopped coriander leaves in a food processor. Pulse into a paste, then form into 20 balls.
- Put the rice noodles in a bowl and cover with hot water. Leave 6 to 8 minutes until tender, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Stir the fish sauce, lime zest and juice, palm sugar and red chilli together until the sugar has dissolved. Add spring onions and fresh mint leaves, then toss with the noodles.
- Fry the prawn cakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve the prawn cakes with the noodle salad and cucumber pickle or sweet chili sauce for dipping. Decorate with fresh chilli, coriander and a lime wedge.
- You'll need: Food processor.
- You'll need: Frying pan.